Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Vincent

I use to be a little biased about girl singers. I don't blame people that have felt that way. The people in the limelight have been Britney Spears, Cher, Spice Girls, Pussycat Dolls, etc. I just didn't relate to what they were saying. So I falsely stereotyped all female vocalists and never gave them a chance. I'm glad that I have changed my tastes and allowed myself to be exposed to some incredible singers: Jenny Lewis, Blondie's Debbie Harry, Neely Jenkins and Jamie Pressnall from Tilly and the Wall, Regina Spektor, Karen O, Zoey Deschanel, etc. There are so many more. Check them out. Widen your tastes, you never know what will happen. This is a picture of St. Vincent that I drew. She is incredible.

P.S. Do not listen to Lady Gaga.

1 comment:

  1. I listen to all of those! (including some of the ones you don't like:) But if you haven't already heard of these ladies, I think you might like them too:
    Lenka
    Priscilla Ahn
    Yael Naim
    Cat Power
    Kimya Dawson
    Lillian Samdal

    ReplyDelete