Thursday, March 25, 2010

Michael Jackson: King of Pop

I was born in the eighties. Everyone owned a copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller. My parents had a copy of the cassette tape in our truck. We would go on family vacations listening to Michael when we drove. We have videotape of me dancing around the room saying that I was "bad." When we went to Disneyland when I was little, my favorite part was going to see Michael in the 3D feature Captain EO. I remember seeing the video "Bad" and thinking to myself how I needed to get a piano shirt like he had(don't worry, I made myself one).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was a pretty big Michael Jackson fan back in the day. I thought he was so cool. I wanted to know how to moonwalk. I wanted to do what Michael was doing at that time. Jackson's personal life aside, I think he was an amazing performer. From when he was in the Jackson Five:

Until the time of his death. These drawings are just a couple of the ones I've made.


3 comments:

  1. He was an amazing performer! Every single one of his songs are incredible. I think you have to be a little insand to be such a genius...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH!!!! i love it!!!!! soooo much. Thriller changed my life! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i also noticed that you said that these are on a couple of the ones you've drawn.... does that mean there are more?!

    ReplyDelete