Friday, March 12, 2010

What were you doing at the age of four?

As you can already tell, I love music. That was kinda one of the purposes of the last post. I know what you are thinking. You're thinking that that last post was about Bob Dylan, and also how much you would like to go eat a fortune cookie right now(side note: Those cookie fortunes always suck, right? Especially Panda Express fortune cookies. "You are an attractive person" Don't tell me something I already know fortune cookie! That wasn't even a fortune. I'd prefer to hear what date I will die.). Well you are wrong. It was about music too. I mean, it did mention music a little right? So there. I won.
I spend quite a bit of time listening to music, and then drawing those people. You'll be sure to see some more pieces of musicians in the future. Today I wanted to feature a piece on Andrew Bird:



He is an incredible musician. "Oh No" is also a really good song. Check it out. You have access to the internet so you have access to that song. I'll wait.....use youtube or whatever. Grooveshark works too. Did you hear it yet? Well hurry up!!!

INCREDIBLE!!! I KNOW!! That's why I recommended it to you. So you are probably wondering about the title of the post. Or at least now you are because I mentioned it. So here is my explanation: Andrew Bird was trained in the Suzuki method from the age of four. Suzuki method is an educational philosophy which helps people build character through a nurturing environment. This is usually done through music. Andrew Bird started playing the violin at the age of four. I think my parents should have started me out younger when they tried to get me to play piano. I started at 8 and avoided it as much as possible. My parents gave me the choice to give up when I was 12. I responded by playing nintendo. A skill I figured would be useful in the future. Who am I kidding?! It was so worth it!!

1 comment:

  1. K I listened to the song. Just like I promised I would. Pretty good- not as good as Say Say Say though... :)

    ReplyDelete