Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birds and Fish

Today I had a conversation about love with a young lady. It came up because her fish had died. One died a short time ago, and the other died today. I told her I was sorry, but it reminded me of another story. This is a particular sad story. When I was a kid we had two love birds. They played in their cage together all day long. One was yellow and the other blue. One morning we found the yellow one on the floor of the cage dead. The blue one hopped around her. I wondered if he knew what had happened to her. That night we heard him tweeting loudly and rushed to his cage to find him with his head in the little ladder. He killed himself. I was probably eleven of twelve when this happened. I was a little in shock about the whole thing.

Love is confusing. I don't think it's just about depending on someone else or not being able to live without that special someone in your life. We have all had love and suffered loss, and we are still here. There is so much to live for and so much happiness, love, joy in the world. I hope you see that in your life reader. Bless you! Now enjoy this love fish:

Kiss me!

No comments:

Post a Comment